Transactions is a general earth sciences journal publishing peer-reviewed research papers, reviews and short communications of international standard on all scientific aspects of the Earth and its surface environments. The Editorial Board welcomes original manuscripts in the Earth and Environmental Sciences, and encourages proposals for Special Issues in these areas.
The RSE is committed to the widespread dissemination of scientific knowledge. Through the Earth and Environmental Science Transactions of the Royal Society of Edinburgh, the Society continues to encourage and support the international Earth Sciences community by:
- publishing a journal of international standing and authorship;
- publishing substantial papers on all scientific aspects of the earth and its surface environments;
- publishing without page or colour charges;
- reproducing photographs and artwork to the highest standard, where appropriate at a size larger than is customary; and
- aiming to have papers reviewed within three months of submission, by at least two referees of international standing; and usually publishing within six months of acceptance of revised papers.
EESTRSE is published by the RSE Scotland Foundation, on behalf of the RSE.