The RSE Business Innovation Forum was convened in 2010 with the aim of identifying and stimulating processes that will increase business innovation investment in Scotland. The Forum looks to influence how appropriate strategies to achieve this aim should be implemented. Membership comprises a broad range of experience from Scotland’s business and academic communities.
Its remit is to:
- Identify and propose mechanisms to encourage growth of innovation in companies in Scotland;
- Identify and propose mechanisms by which business in Scotland could make better use of the research base to stimulate economic growth;
- Act as an independent body, to advocate these mechanisms to the Scottish Government and to other bodies with relevant responsibilities and capacities;
- Interact with other bodies concerned with the operation of the research base and with economic and business development in Scotland;
- To publish reports, to create work groups and other activities to pursue its objectives.