Discussions, Talks and Demonstrations
Following close monitoring of the ever-changing situation regarding the global spread of COVID-19 and having held discussions with Edinburgh Science Festival, we have taken the sad but necessary decision to cancel this year’s RSE After Hours event.
This will run as a standalone event in the Autumn. Details to be announced in due course. If you had already purchased a ticket for this, refunds will be arranged through the Science Festival box office.
RSE After Hours offers an evening of inspiring conversations and demonstrations, all themed around artificial intelligence (AI) and its impact on society.
Led by experts in their respective fields, and held in RSE’s historic city centre home, there will be drop-in discussions, short talks and an exhibition showcasing the latest research and cutting-edge developments in artificial intelligence. This promises to be a relaxed, informal but deeply-inspiring event which connects the public to people from different scientific and creative art disciplines.
Key themes covered include:
- Evolution and ethics;
- The future of work;
- Advancements in technology;
This event is part of the Edinburgh Science Festival.
- Professor Shannon Vallor, Baillie Gifford Chair in the Ethics of Data and Artificial Intelligence, University of Edinburgh;
- Dr Chris van der Kuyl FRSE, Chairman and co-Founder of 4J Studios;
- Professor Sethu Vijayakumar FRSE, Director, Edinburgh Centre for Robotics;
- Dr Kate Devlin; Senior Lecturer in Social and Cultural Artificial Intelligence, King’s College London;
- Professor David Bell CBE FRSE, Professor of Economics, University of Stirling;
- Jarmo Eskelinen, Executive Director, Data Driven Innovation initiative University of Edinburgh;
- Professor Ruth E Falconer, Head of the Division of Games Technology and Mathematics, Abertay University;
- Dr Subramanian Ramamoorthy, Reader in Robotics, University of Edinburgh;
- Professor Verena Rieser, Professor of Computer Science, Heriot Watt University;
- Michael Rovatsos, Professor of Artificial Intelligence;
- Pooja Jain, CEO & Founder at CogniHealth
Full programme will be added shortly.