“The RSE Enterprise Fellowship is world class! This is the best programme any entrepreneur could be part of as you receive excellent training, mentoring, salary and business funding.”
Michael Harkins | Founder and CEO | Turtle Pack
Applications are now being accepted for the RSE Enterprise Fellowship Programme, with the deadline for this round being on Wednesday 17 April 2019.
This Fellowship is Scotland’s leading business development and training programme for the Higher Education sector, enabling science and technology researchers to develop into successful and world-class entrepreneurs.
Each Fellowship is valued at up to £90K per Fellow in funding and training support. Over the course of the year-long programme, Enterprise Fellows are able to focus solely on refining their business ideas, whilst receiving an academic salary, up to £10K business support funding, world-class training in entrepreneurship and business development, and, access to mentors from the RSE Fellowship and other successful entrepreneurs in the business community.
Enterprise Fellowships are a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity with the potential to truly be life-changing!
The next deadline for applications is 17th April 2019, 5pm. You can find out more about the programme and apply here.
The programme – which has been running for over 20 years – has a high level of success in supporting fantastic entrepreneurs to realise their potential. Alumni have secured over £140M in public and private funding and are some of the most exciting entrepreneurs coming out of the UK:
- Abesh Thakur of Two Big Ears, an immersive audio company purchased by Facebook
- Caroline Barelle of Elasmogen, progressing sight-saving therapies for inflammatory eye disease
- David Hunter of ShotScope, a revolutionary golf performance tracking system
- Oliver Hardick of Puridify (acquired by GE in 2017)
- Corien Staels of Staels Design with WheelAir, a cooling wheelchair backrest
- Callum Murray of Amiqus, secure anti-money laundering, identity and compliance checks online
- Orfeas Boteas of Krotos, provider of revolutionary audio tools
- Chris Leburn of Chromacity, a manufacturer of ultrashort lasers and and Tunable Infrared and Mid-Infrared OPOs
- Alexandre Pechev of Ikinema, provider of animation software for motion capture