Funding area: Commercialisation Support
Information about the Scottish Government’s £4M Unlocking Ambition Challenge Fund, the RSE’s Unlocking Ambition Enterprise Fellowship and how to apply.
Backed by Scotland’s First Minister, Unlocking Ambition is a £4M challenge fund created by the Scottish Government as part of the Programme for Government ‘A Nation with Ambition‘. Unlocking Ambition aims to support highly ambitious entrepreneurs based on their individual entrepreneurial potential, the quality and innovation of their business and the contribution they can make to an inclusive, Scottish economy.
The RSE’s Unlocking Ambition Enterprise Fellowship programme will support 20 outstanding, early-stage entrepreneurs, enabling them to establish and develop 20 new, high-growth businesses based in Scotland.
Through the programme, they will receive:
- £25,000-£50,000 maintenance grant
- Up to £20,000 business development fund
- Tailored, cutting-edge business training
- A dedicated mentor
- Hosting status at a Scottish University or Research Institute
- Free Membership of Entrepreneurial Scotland (inc businesses mentoring)
- Free Membership of Scotland House in London
- Access to the GlobalScot network and the Scottish Investment Bank
Fund deadline passed
This fund is currently closed for applications.
Each RSE Unlocking Ambition Enterprise Fellowship is valued at up to £90,000 in funding and business training support.
The RSE's Unlocking Ambition Enterprise Fellowship will run for 12 months. During this time, RSE Unlocking Ambition Enterprise Fellows will be hosted by a Scottish University or Research Institute.