Funding area: Commercialisation Support
Backed by Scotland’s First Minister, Unlocking Ambition is a £4m challenge fund created by the Scottish Government as part of the Programme for Government ‘A Nation with Ambition‘. Unlocking Ambition supports 40 highly ambitious entrepreneurs based on their individual entrepreneurial potential, the quality and innovation of their business and the contribution they can make to an inclusive, Scottish economy. Unlocking Ambition fully aligns with the Scottish Government’s agenda on inclusive growth and the CAN DO movement, underpinning Scotland’s ambition to position the nation as a world-class hub for entrepreneurship.
The RSE’s Unlocking Ambition Enterprise Fellowship programme has supported 20 outstanding, early-stage entrepreneurs, enabling them to establish and develop 20 new, high-growth businesses based in Scotland.
Through the programme, they have received:
- £25,000-£50,000 maintenance grant
- Up to £20,000 business development fund
- Tailored, cutting-edge business training
- A dedicated mentor
- Hosting status at a Scottish University or Research Institute
- Free Membership of Entrepreneurial Scotland (inc businesses mentoring)
- Free Membership of Scotland House in London
- Access to the GlobalScot network and the Scottish Investment Bank
Fund deadline passed
This fund is currently closed for applications.