Funding area: Arts and Humanities, Career Development, International, Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths and Medicine (STEMM), Social Sciences
Deadline extended for RSE Saltire Research Awards: Monday 26 July at 12:00.
The Royal Society of Edinburgh, in collaboration with the Scottish Funding Council and the Scottish Government, is pleased to invite applications for the RSE saltire facilitation workshop awards.
The RSE saltire facilitation workshop awards are designed to encourage Scotland – EU collaborative investigation into a research proposition at an early stage of development. A Workshop is regarded by the RSE as “the coming together of scholars at the early stage of planning to develop collaborative research.” This award is to encourage and support a range of colloquia to advance exploration of the topic and develop bids between Scottish and EU researchers (e.g. for Horizon Europe): a single event sharing completed or advanced research is not eligible under this scheme.
- The awards are open to applications from Principal Investigators from all academic disciplines and all career stages who are eligible as one of the following:
- a full or part-time academic in any academic discipline who are tenured and/or salaried staff of a Higher Education Institution (HEI), Research Institute (RI) or Cultural Institution in Scotland. Applicants must be on open-ended, continuing, or fixed term contracts which extend beyond the end-date of the envisaged grant period. The RSE grant cannot be used to extend an applicant’s contract.
- a retired academic in any academic field who retains demonstrable links with a Scottish Higher Education or Cultural Institution with a demonstrable commitment to teaching and research within that institution.
- a full or part-time practitioner or research-active member of staff in any academic field employed by a Scottish Cultural Institution with a demonstrable commitment to teaching and research within that institution.
- Applicants on short or fixed-term contracts should ensure their contracts extend for at least three months after the end of the proposed project. Early Career Researchers on staged contracts to permanent lectureship positions are eligible but must be in contract for the duration of the award.
- Joint applications are accepted where there is evidence of the partners having worked together successfully previously to bring together complementary skills and expertise.
- Collaborations must involve both Scottish and EU Higher Education Institutions (see general terms and conditions for definitions of country eligibility) or Research Institutes or Cultural Institutions and may involve practitioners, policy makers, R&D centres or the innovative business or industry sectors.
- A new application will not be considered when a report on a previous RSE grant is overdue.
- Postdoctoral Fellows are not eligible.
- Applicants may submit only one proposal to each scheme (Research Workshops or Research Network). If an applicant applies to more than one scheme, the applications must be for different projects. Applicants submitting to more than one scheme should ensure that they detail how they will manage their time on all projects if each is successful. Applicants should apply to the scheme best suited to the proposed project.
- RSE saltire facilitation awards can be held in any discipline or subject area.
- RSE saltire facilitation workshops awards are funded for up to 12 months.
The funding is open for applications; applicants are required to:
- Optional: From Tuesday 8 June, download an offline version of the RSE saltire facilitation awards application form. This can be used for reference for the online application opening on Monday 28 June. Please note if you choose to fill out this form you will be able to copy and paste the details into the final application.
- Create a profile on the RSE CiviCRM, or log in using your existing details
- Access the RSE saltire facilitation awards online application.
- Complete the details to submit your online application form by Monday 26 July, 12:00
- Upload as part of the online form a statement of support from your head of department and an institutional statement of support and if you are undertaking your research at a different institution to the one from where you are usually employed a statement of support from that institution.
- Arrange for two referee forms to be sent to the RSE [email protected] by Monday 26 July 2021, 12:00. These are available to download from the resources below.
- Successful applications should have a start date between Wednesday 1 September 2021- Tuesday 31 March 2022
Resources for applicants
RSE saltire facilitation awards terms and conditions (PDF, 223kb)
RSE saltire facilitation awards application form (Doc, 112kb)
Register on RSE CiviCRM to apply
RSE saltire research award referee form (Doc, 41.4kb)
For more information regarding the award, please contact the Research Awards team on [email protected].
Fund deadline passed
This fund is currently closed for applications.