Funding area: Enterprise Fellowship
RSE Enterprise Fellowship Programme is open to promising business ideas!
FACT: Since the RSE Enterprise Fellowship programme was established in 1997, the Enterprise Fellowships has awarded over £130million of private and public funding and supported more than 240 graduates and researchers to develop and launch 166 new businesses with companies formed across a variety of fields from 36 UK academic institutions. Could you be next?
Applications are now open for the next RSE Enterprise Fellowships.
The RSE Enterprise Fellowship, Scotland’s leading bi-annual business development and training programme for the Higher Education sector, enables and accelerates promising science and technology researchers to develop into successful and world-class entrepreneurs. The current deadline for applications is Wednesday 31 October at 5pm.
In a nutshell, Enterprise Fellows get to focus solely on refining their business ideas, whilst receiving one year’s salary, up to £10,000 support funding, expert training in entrepreneurship delivered to the highest standard of international excellence and access to mentors from business Fellows of the RSE and other successful entrepreneurs in the business community. The value of the programme (funding and in-kind support) is estimated at £90,000 per Enterprise Fellow.
So why not consider these questions? If you answer YES to any, then NOW is your chance to apply for an RSE Enterprise Fellowship to help turn your vision into a reality and become an outstanding entrepreneur:
· Are you a graduate, postgraduate/phd or academic researcher or member of staff with a promising technology-based business idea looking to start up or spinout from a University or Research Institute?
· Would you like to receive one year’s salary and be hosted by a *university or research institute? And devote valuable time to setting up your business?
· Are you passionate about taking your innovation to market and building a successful company to transition from academic to business entrepreneur and need help to do so?
· Would you like to receive bespoke business development training and advice from experts with a successful track record spanning over 20+ years?
· Interested in receiving a dedicated business mentor to support you? And advice how to expand your professional networks?
· Do you have a business idea with science or tech at its core? Do you have the energy and motivation to make your plans reach their full potential and are you ready for a life-changing opportunity?
The RSE Enterprise Fellowship programme will ensure that you are supported and equipped with the skills necessary to succeed in today’s fast-paced global business environment. It’s a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity with the potential to truly be life changing. Please don’t just take our word for it why not hear from a previous Enterprise Fellow HERE.
*Scottish Enterprise funded awardees can be hosted by Scottish institutions only. BP, QuantIC and BBSRC funded awardees can be hosted by institutions across the UK. Full T&Cs apply
October 31, 2018 5:00 pm
Enterprise Fellows are hosted by a University or Research Institute for the duration of the Fellowship which is twelve months.