Funding area: Enterprise Fellowship
Applications for the RSE Enterprise Fellowship Programme are open!
Deadline Wednesday 31 October 2018, 17.00.
Since the RSE Enterprise Fellowship programme was established in 1997:
- Enterprise Fellows have secured over £130 million of private and public funding
- The RSE have supported more than 240 graduates and researchers from 36 UK academic institutions
- Enterprise Fellows have launched 166 new businesses with companies formed across a variety of fields.
The RSE Enterprise Fellowship is Scotland’s leading bi-annual business development and training programme for the Higher Education sector:
- Up to £90,000 funding and in-kind support per Enterprise Fellow
- Enables and accelerates science and technology researchers to develop into successful and world-class entrepreneurs
- Allows you to solely focus on refining your business ideas, whilst receiving one year’s salary
- Up to £10,000 business support funding
- Expert training in entrepreneurship delivered to the highest standard of international excellence
- Access to mentors from the RSE and successful entrepreneurs in the business community
- Membership to the RSE Entrepreneurs’ Club and access to professional networking events
- Support graduate, postgraduate, academic researcher or member of staff with a promising science or technology-based business idea looking to start up or spin out from a University or Research Institute?
Consider these questions? If you answer ‘YES’ to any, then NOW is your chance to apply:
• Are you passionate about taking your innovation to market and building a successful company to transition from academic to business entrepreneur?
• Would you like to receive bespoke business development training and advice from experts with a successful track record spanning over 20+ years?
• Interested in receiving a dedicated business mentor to support you? And advice how to expand your professional networks?
We ensure that you are supported and equipped with the skills necessary to succeed in today’s fast-paced global business environment. It’s a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity with the potential to truly be life changing.
Want to find out more? View our brochure HERE.
Full T&Cs apply.
Need help with you application?
Watch the application workshop video below for everything you need to know.
Join us at 10am on the 11th September for a live-streaming of our Enterprise Fellowship application workshop! Find out more about the application process, and what get advice on all the main parts of the application process! The aim of the workshop is to provide hands-on support to potential applicants.The trainer is Kevin Parker of KKI Associates who has over 20 years' experience. The workshop is free to attend and being held at the RSE. We will be answering any questions asked during the live stream on FB as well.
Posted by Royal Society of Edinburgh on Tuesday, September 11, 2018
Please note there is reference to a three page commercialisation proposal which is no longer required and is part of the application form itself.
October 31, 2018 5:00 pm
Enterprise Fellows are hosted by a University or Research Institute for the duration of the Enterprise Fellowship which is twelve months.