Funding area: Commercialisation Support
Do you have an innovative science-or-tech-based business idea, but need help accelerating your project?
Enterprise Fellowships offer a leading business development and training programme for the higher education sector; enabling researchers to develop into world-class entrepreneurs.
Secure an equity-free support package of funding and training support worth up to £100,000!
The Enterprise Fellowships provide:
- A one-year academic salary
- Tailored, cutting-edge business training
- Mentoring from RSE’s network of partners in the business community
- Up to £10,000 business support funding
- Membership of the RSE Entrepreneurs’ Club, with access to networking events
A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity with the potential to truly be life changing. RSE Enterprise Fellows are equipped with the skills necessary to succeed in today’s fast-paced global business environment.
Who can apply
The RSE Enterprise Fellowship is open to graduates, postgraduates, PhD students, academic researchers, or members of HEI staff. Additionally:
- Applicants must demonstrate proof of concept – commercial and technical
- Applicants must demonstrate that they can remain and work legally in the UK for the duration of the Enterprise Fellowship.
- Applicants must demonstrate a commitment to full-time or part-time requirements
- Spin-out/shell companies not yet trading can apply, but companies who have generated significant investment, or are generating significant revenue cannot apply.
The RSE Enterprise Fellowships are supported by a variety of funders. Eligibility differs between funders:
There are two application deadlines a year, the current round has the following timeline:
- Application opens, Wednesday 3 March
- Create a profile on the RSE CiviCRM, or log in using your existing details
- Once into your personal profile, access the online application
- Complete the details on the online application form.
- Upload, as part of the online form, a Host Institution statement, inventor/PI statement, and two references
- Application closes, Wednesday 28 April, 5pm
- Shortlisting, Friday 4 June
- Interviews, 21 & 22 June
- Start date, Friday 1 October
Resources for applicants
- Enterprise Fellowships Brochure (PDF, 858kb)
- Enterprise Fellowships Terms and Conditions (PDF, 293kb)
- Enterprise Fellowships Frequently Asked Questions (PDF, 876kb)
- Video: Enterprise Fellowships – Application workshop playlist:
For more information regarding the award, please contact the Enterprise Fellowship team on [email protected].
Fund deadline passed
This fund is currently closed for applications.
Each RSE Enterprise Fellowship is valued at up to £100,000 in funding and business training support.
Enterprise Fellowships run for 12 months (PT 24 months). During this time, Enterprise Fellows are hosted by a UK University or Research Institute.