The RSE has an exciting opportunity for a Membership Officer to support the Fellowship and Young Academy Manager in the delivery of a creative programme of activities to engage and build long-term relationships with the RSE Fellowship, and to further enhance the Society’s impact.
Working closely with, and reporting to, the Fellowship and Young Academy Manager, your key tasks in this role will be:
- To take responsibility for the development, organisation and delivery of a programme of engagement events and activities for the RSE Fellowship and other stakeholders
- To proactively engage with the RSE Regional Champions to develop and deliver a programme of regional activities
- To record and report on the impact of all Fellowship events
- To develop and maintain positive relationships with RSE Fellows
- To confidently represent the RSE at external events
- To create and maintain event budgets across a range of activities
- To produce targeted and engaging written materials and communications, ensuring consistency with RSE brand
- To maintain accurate records in the RSE’s database in relation to the Fellowship
- To undertake any other administrative tasks and duties for the Fellowship, and support other areas where appropriate
What we would like you to bring
The successful candidate will have experience of planning and delivering events; demonstrable ability to prioritise tasks and manage time to strict deadlines; and excellent written and oral communications skills with previous experience with customer facing role. They will demonstrate excellent attention to detail, will be able to work effectively as part of a team.
What we offer
Permanent Contract of Employment
Starting salary in the range of £22,432 per annum
35 hours per week. A pilot flexible working system is currently being used so there will be flexibility to work the 35 hours between 0830 and 1930 across the contracted days. There will be occasional work required out-with the flexi-periods.
Group Pension Plan with AVIVA
Generous annual leave entitlement
For an informal discussion about this post, please contact Morven Chisholm on 0131 240 5018.
Please apply for the role via the Adopt an Intern website
For any queries about the recruitment process please contact our HR department on 0131 240 5036 or by email
The closing date is 5.00pm on Monday 03 February 2020
Interviews will take place on Tuesday 11 February at the RSE building