Thanks for your interest. There are currently no vacancies at the RSE.
The RSE is an equal opportunities employer, offering equality of working practices and procedures.
We aim to:
- Accept and treat individuals fairly
- Respect differences
- Promote and encourage diversity and equality of opportunity
- Address any harassment, victimisation, bullying or discrimination reported
We do not tolerate harassment, victimisation, bullying or discrimination.
The RSE strives to provide a working environment which supports the well-being of its staff and is committed to:
- Developing policies around TOIL, flexible working and family/maternity/paternity/adoption leave
- Promoting awareness and understanding of health-related issues in the work-place
- Providing regular, confidential health checks for staff and access to occupational health services when appropriate
- Offering first aid for baby and child training to new parents
- Maintaining the Healthy Working Lives Silver Award and working towards obtaining a Gold accreditation
- Organising cycle trips at the weekends
The RSE is committed to the development of its staff and encourages life-long learning.
Attendance at external training is supported and funding for personal development (up to 100% for requests relating directly to work and 50% for further professional qualifications) is provided. In addition, the RSE organises an annual Learning at Work week where staff are given the opportunity to share and develop existing skills and knowledge.
In addition to the salary paid, the RSE offers generous employee benefits which include:
- The opportunity to become a member of the Lothian Pension Fund;
- 30 days annual leave plus 9 days Public Holidays;
- An interest free loan for public transport tickets;
- Social clubs such as Book Club, Scone Club and Running Club;
- A give-as-you-earn scheme;
- Training opportunities;
- Yearly health checks;
- Childcare vouchers.
The RSE is occasionally able to offer opportunities for paid work placements or internships through Adopt an Intern. These are mutually beneficial as they enable:
- Students to gain work experience and networking opportunities;
- The RSE to gain fresh new ideas and support with projects which may otherwise remain abandoned;
- Current staff to develop communication, organisational, team-working, mentoring and leadership skills.