MARKETING OFFICER (Maternity Cover)
- Fixed-term Contract of Employment from Tuesday 01 September 2020 until Friday 30 July 2021
- £25,000 pa
- Edinburgh (currently working from home)
- 35 hours per week
- Occasional work may be required out-with normal office hours
The Royal Society of Edinburgh, Scotland’s National Academy, is an educational charity that provides public benefit throughout Scotland through a diverse range of activity including awarding research funding, informing public policy and delivering events across Scotland to inspire knowledge and learning. The RSE is continuing on its journey of change to enhance its impact and reach and has an exciting opportunity for a marketing officer to support the development and lead on the delivery of the RSE’s marketing activities.
Working closely with, and reporting to, the Head of Communications, your key responsibilities in this role will be to develop and lead on the marketing for the RSE programmes relating to Enterprise Fellowships (60%), Research Awards and Public Engagement activities (40%). You will be required to:
- Plan and deliver marketing activities for the Enterprise Fellowship programmes, Public Engagement events (online and physical) and Research Awards activities
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders and contractors to raise RSE profile
- Maintain communication planning systems to manage trafficking and delivery
- Produce reports for marketing and other activity
- Prepare copy for range of internal and external publications
What we are expecting from you
The successful candidate will have relevant experience in leading and managing high quality marketing campaigns, excellent written and oral communication skills to engage with people in a creative and interactive way, excellent organisational skills and experience of working within a similar environment.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Sharon Simpson, Head of Communications.
For any queries about the recruitment process please contact our HR department by email [email protected]
The closing date is 5.00pm on Monday 06 July 2020 and interviews will be held online possibly using MS Teams on a date to be confirmed as soon as possible.